Tuesday 14 December 2010


Today i have altered my front page considerably as i did not feel that it reflected the style of the magazine particularly well.
I also think that t did not look like a professional, contemporary music magazine that you would see on a shelf in a shop.

As you can see i have drastically altered the main styling of the magazine. I have also added a lot more detail and information onto the front cover.
The tag lines and information presented on the front cover of a magazine are essential to grab the readers attention as it tells them what else is inside the magazine. I think that my first attempt at the front cover did not have the sufficient power to capture an audiences attention before as it only gave a slight insight as to
what other features and articles my magazine contains.
The image below is of my old cover. You can see that on the new one at the the top of the post that i have added more tag lines and given a list of bands interviewed inside the magazine. I have also listed a feature held inside the magazine about a band named midnight embassy.
I have also taken the 40th Anniversary tag from the very top of the old cover and made it a central part in the middle of the new magazine. I have done this as i think that the fact that the magazine is a 4oth anniversary special should be promoted a lot more and would draw an audience to the magazine extremely effectively.

I have also removed the 'Insider tickets' tagline from the right hand side of the magazine. This did not add any thing to the magazine how it was simply looked out of place and like an accident. I have also made the fonts i used fit together a lot better. Before i had several different fonts as you can see and none of them really kept a uniform style of complimented each other. Now i have used a pretty much standard block capital style for all the lettering altering the fonts of different items slightly so as to allow them to stand out from the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment